Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, May 6th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, May 6th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 6 May 2016, 4:18 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Earlier this week, I sent home Field Trip permission forms for 3 different field trips. 2 of these trips are next week (Thursday and Friday).  Today, I sent home a NEW FIELD TRIP FORM for a bus trip to Sidney School to see students perform "The Lion King"! Please sign and return all these forms as soon as possible. Thank you to those who have already sent in the first batch!

• Congratulations to William for his performance in the Talent Show!  Several of our students shared that they are now inspired to try out tae-kwon-do!

• This coming Monday, May, 9th is a ProD Day. There are no classes in session.

• Popcorn Day is next Wednesday, May 11th.

• New Spelling this week! Please help your child return his/her homework book every Thursday. Being responsible for these books and the work in them is an important start to building positive homework habits for future years.

PINK: (short o) sock, fox, rot, spot, trot, shop, rock, drop, pond, (or sound) fork, fort, torn, for, born, short, sport, corn, sort, storm, horn, (oddball) your, word, work.

YELLOW: (ir) girl, third, fir, chirp, dirt, bird, whirl, swirl, twirl, birth, shirt, thirst, skirt, first, (ire) fire, tire, hire, wire, (ier) drier, pliers, flier, crier, (oddball) their, fur.

GREEN: Long i sound in which syllable (1st) frighten, ninety, sidewalk, driveway, lightning, higher, slightly, brightly, highway, (2nd) beside, surprise, decide, survive, describe, delight, advice, provide, invite, arrive, combine, polite, (oddball) forgive, machine, favourite.

Have a great weekend!

Tracey