A few bits for the week...
- This coming Monday morning, Brentwood students will enjoy a performance by Cadence, an a capella ensemble. Here is a link if you would like to know more.
- This coming Monday afternoon, we will be visited by the Swan Lake Snake Program. If you're interested in making a slithery friend, feel free to drop by around 1:40.
- Wednesday, April 27th is Zeek's last day of school! Zeek and his family are moving to Costa Rica. We wish them all the best with this bold adventure!
- Next Thursday, April 28th is class and whole school photo day. All students will receive a class photo. If you are interested in purchasing a $10 whole school photo (8x10), envelopes need to be returned to school or the photographer on or before Thursday.
- There's been a change of date for our Brentwood Community Walk-About. The new date is Friday, May 13th. I hope this works for those of you who are planning to join us and I'm sorry if it causes any troubles.
- The reason we changed the Walk-About is so the class can go to see an original play at Parkland Secondary on May 12th. We will be travelling by bus along with all Brentwood's primary classes. Permission forms will be coming soon with more details.
- Spelling next week: As there is no school tomorrow, I will not be distributing new spelling lists. However, I am giving the yellow group the opportunity to retake this week's test as many had difficulty with several of the homophones (i.e. pare vs. pair, wear vs. where). Students in PINK and GREEN groups are welcome to take a crack at this week's YELLOW list as well.
YELLOW: (ar) part, harm, sharp, shark, start, dark, (are) care, stare, square, pare, hare, fare, bare, (air) hair, fair, stair, chair, pair, (oddball) wear, bear, pear, heart, where.
Have a great weekend!