Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, June 12th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, June 12th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 12 June 2015, 5:05 PM

Here are a few bits for the week ...

• Our Grade 4 field trip to the Greenhouse at the ȽÁU, WELṈEW̱ Tribal School was great. Thanks again to to Ms Superneault for putting the trip together for us and to our parent volunteers, Nichole Moser and Alicia Pearce who kept the kids safe along the walk!

• The Track Meet at UVic was great fun! The students cheered on our team with great enthusiasm, showed great sportsmanship and left the stands in good shape. There were a couple things left behind in our section, some containers and sweaters. If one belongs to you, you can find it in the School's Lost and Found today.

• Speaking of the Lost and Found, parents should come in and have a look if you can. There are so many expensive clothes laying out in the school's front foyer! Even children in grade 4 (almost grade 5) forget what clothes are theirs. I've seen it happen many times in this room!

• Next Wednesday, June 17th is our service assembly; members of our Brentwood School community are recognized for service at the school. Parents are welcome to attend.

• Next Friday, June 19th is FUN DAY at Brentwood. Parents are invited to come watch as students scatter around the school grounds participating in fun activities! Then, picnic with your child(ren) with a PAC lunch or bring your own. In the afternoon, all grade 4/5s will be going to Panorama Recreation Centre for a swim! Permission forms will be coming home today!

• Thank you to those who responded about a possible class celebration.  I am working on a couple ideas but it is possible we will have to change the date from what I originally suggested.  I'll keep you posted.
  • We will have Spelling Homework next week but we will have the test on Thursday instead of Friday.

Enjoy your weekend!