Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, June 5th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, June 5th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 5 June 2015, 5:29 PM

Here are a few bits for the week ...

• Our Grade 4 field a trip to the Royal BC Museum was great. Thanks again to all our parent volunteers!

• Track Meet at UVic is scheduled for this Thursday, June 11th. If your child is running, he/she should have brought you a permission form this week. Please note that you are responsible for getting your child out to the University of Victoria. Please do let me know if you need help arranging a ride for your child. Also note that it is PAY PARKING at the UVic Track. Please remember to pack a lunch, ensure your child dresses for the weather and, if the weather is sunny, don't forget a water bottle and a thorough slathering of sunscreen. I will be attending the track meet so students who are not attending the meet will be joining Mrs. Scott for the day.

• You should have received a permission form for our field trip planned for June 12th. It will be a walking trip to the Greenhouse at ȽÁU, WELṈEW̱ Tribal School. If you are interested in joining us, please do! We will be starting out from Brentwood at about 9:35 and returning by about 11:30.

• This past Wednesday, your child received a copy of our class photo. If you haven't seen it yet, check those backpacks. There was one left behind at school. Please let me know if it's yours!

• We had a visit from the Greater Victoria Public Library this week.  They want you to know that Summer Reading Club starts June 25th.  Your child can join by picking up a reading record at any GV Public Library.  Your child can read anything he/she likes for at least 20 minutes a day at home or on holiday.  He/she can collect up to 7 weekly incentives.  It's a great way to keep up those reading skills we've worked so hard to develop this year so please consider giving it a go.
  • No Spelling again this week! With the track meet and field trip this coming week, we will once again be skipping Spelling. If your child is one of those who voluntarily took home 3 units to work on, he/she deserves a pat on the back. It's wonderful to see such keen students!

• With the end of the year fast approaching, I'm wondering if any of you are thinking about a class "party".  Should we do a potluck?  Could we maybe organize a beach trip (if we can get drivers)?  Could we walk over to Centennial Park for a picnic?  I have a small amount of money in our field trip account but not enough for a bus. What ideas do you have?  I'm open to whatever.  At the moment, June 24th looks like the best day.  Let me know your thoughts. 

Enjoy your weekend!