A few bits for the week...
- We have started a mini project on various weather phenomenon. Most of the work will be done in class. Ask your child what he/she is investigating. We've set our due date for May 18th.
- Members of Red Cedar Club will be enjoying a Wrap Up Party, Tuesday, May 12th. Students will bring their regular lunch to the library where Mrs. DiLucca will have a yummy dessert for them!
- Grade 5s go to camp next Wednesday to Friday so our grade 4s are looking forward to "Ruling the School"! Already, some of our students have taken over leadership roles in crossing guards and Lunch Monitoring the younger classes. Thanks again to Karen Johnson for training our newest crossing guard recruits. Thanks also to Mrs. Scott for training our newest Lunch Monitors.
- June is Aboriginal History Month but as it is so busy at Brentwood in June, our First Nations Specialists, Aimee Lampard and Megan Superneault, have arranged for some great activities this month! Last Wednesday, we enjoyed a dancing, singing, drumming performance by the Quw'utsen Tzingqwa Dance Group from Cowichan. Next Wednesday, we have Lawrence Bartleman coming to teach us Lacrosse.
- Also on Wednesday, it's Popcorn Day. If you have not prepaid, the cost is $1.
- Next Friday, I will be absent from class. Teacher-On-Call, Mr. Szczepanowski, will be teaching our class.
Have a great weekend and, if you're a mom, Happy Mother's Day! If you're not a mom, yes, it's Mother's day on Sunday; call your mom!