A few bits before the long weekend...
- We launched our Two Worlds Meet Inquiry Project this week. Your child should have the beginnings of an Inquiry Question in mind. I have asked him/her to begin exploring this weekend to see if the topic is really what he/she wants to commit to. Your child brought home a yellow letter today with more information and password information for some child-friendly sites to begin with. I will send this letter as an attachment to a separate email as I am not permitted to post passwords on this public site. Please support your child with supervision as they explore their topic as some topics may lend themselves to unsavoury information/pictures on the internet.
- This Thursday, Aaron Norris from the Saanich District is coming in to photograph and interview some of our students as he documents this part of our Inquiry journey. Some of our students will also have a chance to talk to Misty Paterson, our Inquiry expert who has been guiding us and our grade 4s and 5s through this project.
- FSAs continue next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Your child has FRIENDS homework this weekend but I neglected to put it on the reminders for agendas. Students were asked to complete Home Activity 2A with at least one adult. I have attached it here for those who were absent.
- Valentine's Day is next Saturday. On Friday, February 13th, students are welcome to bring Valentines for all their classmates or none at all. I will send names in a separate email.
- Congratulations to Nick and Ry for reaching 100% on Reflex Multiplication Facts 0-12 Fluency! Keep it up boys! Help your child reach this milestone by practising at least 3 times per week!
- No School Monday! Free admision at the Royal BC Museum Monday 10am -5pm. What a great opportunity to visit and note what will make our Inquiry Museum authentic!
Enjoy your weekend!