A few bits for a very busy February!
- FSA tests are happening next Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then the following week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. If your child misses the test, he/she will be required to make it up on another day.
- Our Social Studies inquiry into First Nations, first contact, explorers, the fur trade and related issues will launch next week. Your child should be thinking about all the things we have studied since December and beginning to form an idea of what topic he/she might like to pursue. Ask your child if he/she has something in mind. Some of you or your families have interesting histories to share on these topics which could make you a unique resource for our students. If you are willing to share your story or be interviewed by a student, please email and let me know what topic you have in mind.
- Literacy Day is next Tuesday, February 3rd. Students are invited to dress up as a favourite book character and embrace a love of reading!
- Thank you to those parents who were able to drop in and catch the Drumming performance this past Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed it as much as the kids appeared to. It was a fun day with Milton Randall as they learned a new language!
- Also, last Tuesday, we enjoyed a visit from the Maritime Museum to learn about Captain Cook! The children got a close up look at some important artifacts and made their own sextant.
- Hip hop continues each Friday with a performance planned for March 6th. I will pass along scheduling information as I receive it.
- For anyone interested in entering the WITS Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest, I am attaching the guidelines here.
Have a great weekend!