Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 17, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 17, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 17 June 2022, 4:27 PM

Hello everyone, 

First - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Dads! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lots of fun activities this week! Please talk with your child about our police visit, Science Venture experiments and Library Summer Reading program! Next week, we are crossing our fingers to have a firetruck visit the school too. I'll keep you posted!

Library cards went home today, please look in your child's backpack. If you did not recieve it, please let me know because there were late submissions and I want to make sure everyone got theres. 

Sharing: Some great ideas that were shared to do at the Beach! Next weeks sharing, please have your child share something they would like to do this summer or a summer treat they like to eat and why? Thanks for your continued support throughout the year for our weekly sharing. It has been a great opportunity for them to learn how to speak in front of their peers, listen, take turns and respond with questions or comments! 

BIRTHDAYS, BIRTHDAYS. BIRTHDAYS!   Ethan June 20, and August June 22 

Buddy Picnic Potluck Thursday, June 23 - Please send the permission form back by Tuesday, June 21. 

Here is a link to the Buddy Potluck sign up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SEoKEQzl-9p5xCfn7nnNlxODiq8N3JrKDhPaoNhDB5Y/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, FUN Day Request:  Ms. VanDusen and myself are going to be running a cupcake walk on Fun Day. If you would like to donate some cupcakes that would be awesome! The children love this activity, especially because they can win a yummy treat. If you can, please bring the cupcakes the Thursday before Fun Day to our class.  I really appreciate it and so do the children!

Calendar Reminders:

June 21 - National Aboriginal Day (There will be activities for children to participate in throughout the day)

June 22- Fire Truck visit - crossing fingers and waiting for details 

June 23 - Big Buddy Picnic Pioneer Park -google doc sign up above

Fun Day cupcake drop off to Mrs. Blackie's classroom 

June 24 - Fun Day 

June 27 - K Grad - 2pm Classroom

June 28 - Whole School assembly 

June 29 - Family Appreciation Pancake Breakfast

June 29 - Last day - "Camping" in the classroom - details to come! 

June 29 - Report Cards home

Enjoy the weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie