Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 24, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 24, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 24 June 2022, 5:51 PM

Hi everyone, 

What a fantastic Fun Day! So nice to have it back. The children shared what they liked and how they enjoyed being with family and friends to do the many different activities. The cupcake walk was a HUGE success! Thank you for donating the cupcakes! Both K classes enjoyed an afternoon treat too.

Sharing - the children have done an excellent job sharing objects, stories, favourite things to their peers. This practises both speaking and listening which are life long skills. I appreciate all your support for helping your child with this activity...who knew there would be homework in Kindergarten! This was the last week of sharing until next year in grade 1. 

LOCK DOWN DRILL - we will be conducting our last safety drill this year on Monday. For this drill, we find a quiet hiding place in the classroom and be quiet while the police come and walk around the school. Please chat with your child about this drill and it is just another way to be safe at school. Here is a power point we will be discussing Monday morning before the drill...

file:///C:/Users/jblackie/Downloads/WhyAreWeHavingaLockdownDrill.pdf

Monday afternoon Grad details: Please come to our regular line up door at 2:00. I will let you in and there will be seats set up. The children will be performing a poem and song. Then I will give out certificates.  There will be some light refreshments. I will have their scrapbook, scissors, and some of their books to take home. (we will be using one on Wednesday).

Report Cards: Will be sent home on Wednesday - please look for them in your child's backpack. 

Kindergarten Pals get to go home on the last day of school. 

Family Appreciation Pancake Breakfast.  Bring a plate, utensils and picnic blanket.  Students check in for a stamp.  Starts at 8:15. 

After the Pancake Breakfast, we will return to class for the day.  We will have playtime, stories, bake smores and play some games. 

Have a wonderful sunny weekend!

Mrs. Blackie