Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Saturday, June 11, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Saturday, June 11, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 11 June 2022, 10:25 AM

Hello everyone,

I hope your child had the chance to show you their marble maze that they made with their Big Buddies today! I am planning to send photos on Fresh Grade. Just a reminder, all the photos that I have sent on Fresh Grade will need to be downloaded to your computer if you want them as Fresh Grade will no longer be accessible after school ends. If you had a student in the past on Fresh Grade, I'd recommend you download the photos too. 

We didn't get a chance to have the police visit last week as Officer Gentile was sick so we hope to set up a visit this week. 

We will be having a Victoria Public Library visit on Friday to share about the Summer Reading Program. It is a lot fun for the children and a great way to encourage reading! Below is a link to fill out the information for library card for your child:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211225181022/https:/www.gvpl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Library-card-application-for-students.pdf

I would like to  have them filled out for Tuesday and then I will drop them off hoping they can receive library cards when she comes on Friday. If you would prefer a paper copy, I will send some home on Monday with a quick turn around to be completed for Tuesday. 

Sharing: Always fun to hear what they like and why! I'm very proud of your children as it is not easy to stand in front of a peer group for many and they have all done such a great job! Plus, learning to listen and pay attention to others talk is a skill too!   Next weeks sharing is Favourite Beach activity and why they like it. 

BIRTHDAYS, BIRTHDAYS. BIRTHDAYS!  June 14, Ryan June 15, Emmy June 17, Ethan June 20, and August June 22. 

K-Grad - will be Monday, June 27 at 2:00pm. I have many students away next week so I need some time to get them caught up and feel we will all be ready for the Monday afternoon after a morning practise. We will be presenting a song, poem and the children will receive certificates. I will provide light refreshments. Exciting!!!!!

Calendar Reminders:

June 15 Science Ventures Visit

June 16 - Last book exchange (please remember their library book)

June 17- Victoria Library Visit - Summer Reading program (I'm hoping to get library cards for your child - stay tuned!)

June 21 - National Aboriginal Day

June 23 - Big Buddy Picnic Pioneer Park 

(permission forms to come and hoping parents will help for a BBQ set up) Mrs. Brown and I will be sending out a google sign up request for BBQ items next week-stay tuned!)

June 24 - Fun Day

June 27 - K Grad - 2pm Classroom

June 28 - Whole School assembly (time to be determined)

June 29 - Family Appreciation Pancake Breakfast

June 29 - Last day - "Camping" in the classroom - details to come! 

June 29 - Report Cards home

Enjoy the weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie