Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of May 23-27

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of May 23-27
by Lorree Brown - Tuesday, 24 May 2022, 4:28 PM

Hello Division 13 Families. 

We hope you enjoyed the long weekend.  We have a very busy week with many fun events planned.  Today, we were lucky to have Tara Morris visit us and teach us about cedar stripping and cedar weaving.  The children were busy this afternoon weaving cedar headbands which should be ready to go home tomorrow. Ask your child about this activity. 

We also have our Camp Imadene trip this Thursday.  I just sent an email with details about the day and what to pack. I have also posted the packing list below.  Please have your child at the school by 6:45.  If you have questions, please email me. 

Below you will find the events and reminders for the week. 

Math :With Mrs. Brown students will complete our last week of long division.  With Ms. Nightingale, we are continuing with our geometry unit by looking at polygons and how we classify them, including types of triangles, quadrilaterals and other multi-sided polygons.

Writing: This week we are writing a letter to next year’s teacher and students are expressing their interests, hobbies, strengths and challenges. 

Reading: This week students will continue reading their novels for our book club.  On Friday, students will discuss the chapters they read this week and each student will have a job in the book club circle. So far the book club circles have gone well and I have been happy with the discussion around each book.  The kids are doing an amazing job. 

Social Studies:   This week, we are finishing up our discussions around the Douglas Treaties. Students will begin working on their final projects to demonstrate their learning. 

Science: Our Unit on Matter is continuing with more experiments this week.  

Art: This week students are weaving a cedar headband with Tara Morris. 

Physical Education: This week we continue to head outside as we practice  our track and field skills.  Please remind your child to wear runners and appropriate clothing for running/playing outside.  

Reminders

• May 24 - Division 13 Weaving 

• May 26 - Camp Imadene

• May 27 - Fine arts performance in gym. - Chantez Avec Will

• June 8, 2022 - Open House Bayside Middle school 6-7

Camp Supply List

backpack

small morning pocket snack

large lunch

afternoon pocket snack

beach towel and swimsuit

hat