Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 4, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 4, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 4 February 2022, 5:48 PM

Hello everyone, 

We had a great week of sharing the importance of our names! We enjoyed learning about the meanings and how some of the children are named after family members. 

We are starting Literacy 5 with Mrs. Browne and myself. We will be reviewing letter sounds and starting to teach the children how to blend sounds together as we introduce then to readers. Very exciting!

It would be great if you could please review Letterland Megamix for them to hear the sounds-

youtube.com/watch?v=WJBbpfx_ESM

Sharing: We explored the 5 senses this week. Please have your child choose their favourite Sense - touch, taste, sight, hearing and smell and why they like it. For example: hearing - I like to hear music because it makes me happy and want to dance.  

Valentine's Day will be upon us soon. If your child would like to participate in exchanging cards, please do a Valentine for everyone on the list below.   It would be great if your child can print their  names and maybe their friend's names too on the Valentines!  We have been working on holding the pencil with a crab pinch and starting letters from top to bottom as recommended by our O.T.  If you want to bring in Valentine treats, you are allowed but due to COVID 19, they must be individually wrapped for each child. 

Here is the list of names:  Cohen   Violet    Wesley   August    Scarlett     Nick   Ryan  Sloane   James

Emmy  Lennox  Cameron  Kieran  Ethan  Ollie  Raygan  Megan    Rylan  (18 participants)

Calendar Reminders: 

PAC Popcorn orders must be in by February 4 

Popcorn Day - February 14

Valentine Card exchange - February 14 

Eagle Convocation- February 17 - please have your child wear their Eagle shirt 

Pro D day- February 18 - No school 

Family Day - February 21 - Stat - No school 

Hearing Screening for K/Gr.1 - February 22 & 23

Pink Shirt Day - February 23 

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie