Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 11, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 11, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 11 February 2022, 6:16 PM

Hello everyone, 

I have heard from my TOC's that the children have had a busy week finishing up the mini unit about Owls, reading about Kindness and making their own Heart Map. I look forward to seeing all of this when I get back, but I really look forward to seeing the children on Monday! I miss them! I am thankful to have such great support from staff and all the TOC's  as "I was under the weather!" 

(Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the reminders for next week)

We have a short week - Friday, February 18 is a Professional Development Day -no school for the children.  We will be celebrating Valentine's Day this Monday; the children had Buddies and I believe they made Valentine holders today.  They always enjoy being with their big buddies!

Valentine's Day If your child would like to participate in exchanging cards, please do a Valentine for everyone on the list below.   It would be great if your child can print their  names and maybe their friend's names too on the Valentines!  We have been working on holding the pencil with a crab pinch and starting letters from top to bottom as recommended by our O.T.  If you want to bring in Valentine treats, you are allowed but due to COVID 19, they must be individually wrapped for each child. 

Here is the list of names:  Cohen   Violet    Wesley   August    Scarlett     Nick   Ryan  Sloane   James

Emmy  Lennox  Cameron  Kieran  Ethan  Ollie  Raygan  Megan    Rylan  (18 participants)

Sharing:  I ask that your child talk about something they LOVE to do or eat or something they just LOVE. Please let them know they have to explain why they love it.

PARENTS - 100th Day is on Tuesday, March 1.  We will be celebrating  with the other K classes.  At home, please take some time to count out 100 objects WITH your child. ( You can count by 1's, groups of 10's...) Then each child can bring the 100 items to school in a clear ziploc-type bag labelled with their name on Monday, February 28. I  will hang it on the bulletin board to share with the class.  (Ideas below  - buttons, marshmallows, fishy crackers, stickers, pom poms, fruit loop necklace...whatever your child wants to share that can be pinned on the wall- not too heavy please.) We will keep the 100 day collections  for the following week to investigate measurement - weight.  See ideas below:

Image result for images of 100 day items for kindergarten 100 day celebration

Calendar Reminders

Popcorn Day - February 14

Valentine Card exchange - February 14 

Eagle Convocation- February 17 - please have your child wear their Eagle shirt 

Pro D day- February 18 - No school 

Family Day - February 21 - Stat - No school 

Hearing Screening for K/Gr.1 - February 22 & 23

Pink Shirt Day - February 23 

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie