Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, November 5, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, November 5, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 5 November 2021, 9:20 PM

Hello everyone, 

Didn't we luck out for our Squirrelly field trip today? Super sunny day in the forest as we learned about squirrels. BIG THANK YOU to Mrs. Wicks and Mrs. Mackie for coming with us today as well as Mrs. Brown and Ms. Samenk - couldn't have done it without you!  I hope to send the Fresh Grade photos this weekend.  Please ask your child one thing they learned about the field trip. 

Sharing- loved the number sharing! This week is short so Thurs/Friday sharers please choose a different day to orally share your favourite sandwich! I told the children my favourite sandwich is dill pickle, peanut butter, honey and banana-Yum! 

Growing friendships at school. We have started our friendship talks and I encourage parents when choosing a story to read to your child, choose one of friendship. Then talk about how to be a good friend, how we share friends and how different friends enrich our lives.  We will be discussing how if disagreements how we can solve these problems in peaceful ways. 

Remembrance Day Virtual Parade - Nov 10 - we will be watching a slideshow in class to honour veterans. Thank you for sending in photos, it will be fun for the children to see their family.  If you would like to donate money veterans, we will have a class can.Your child will receive a poppy sticker.

NOTICES - today PAC sent home notices about POPCORN DAYS and FUN LUNCHES, plus Christmas Pointsettas please look in your child's backpack or folder .

Outdoor clothing - please make sure your child dresses for the weather as we live on the West Coast, the children will be going out to play in the rain for recesses. 

Masks - please send some extra masks for your child to keep in their backpacks 

Calendar Reminders:

Remembrance Day - Nov. 11 no school

NID - Nov 12. No school for children

Have a wonderful weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie