Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Thursday, November 11, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Thursday, November 11, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Thursday, 11 November 2021, 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, 

I was very proud of the children at the Remembrance Day Slide show- they were silent and very respectful during the presentations and moment of silence as well as the trumpet playing. Well done K's!

Sharing: It was fun hearing about the different sandwiches the children liked. We will turn the sandwich data into a graph to visually see which sandwich was the most popular!   Next week please have your child bring in some environmental print - Environmental print is the print of everyday life. It's the name given to the print that appears in signs, labels, and logos. Street signs, candy wrappers, labels on peanut butter are other examples of environmental print.  It is one of the beginning stages of literacy development. 

We will make a poster to have in the classroom - thanks for your support. 

Glass Mason Jars/Pasta jars - Please have your child bring in a pasta or Mason jar - 500ml or larger to school by Wednesday, Nov. 24 - Thank you!

Next week I will be sending home our letter books, a few emergent readers and letter sheets. We have worked on learning these letter names/sounds - a, c, d, e, h, i, k, l. m, n, o, p, r, s. t. Please review these letters when you are reading books - just a few to see if they are remembering them. Plus, playing the Letterland Megamix is helpful in learning the sounds too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBbpfx_ESM

Have a wonderful long weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie