Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of October 4-8

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of October 4-8
by Lorree Brown - Monday, 4 October 2021, 9:29 AM

Hello Division 13 Families.

My apologies for being away last week due to unfortunate circumstances. Thank you to Mrs. Franey who took over for me and did some fantastic work with the students. As a result of my absence, not much will change on the blog this week.  Students will be working on all the things I planned for last week. 

Below you will find the events and reminders for the week. 

Math:With Mrs. Brown students will begin learning about place value.  We will be learning the difference between identifying the place value of a digit in a number versus identifying the value of each digit in a number. 

Reading: This week we will take a look at the meaning of genre and explore different genres in our classroom library.  

Writing:  This week we will  look at the meaning of various character traits and identify those in ourselves and others. Students will identify a character trait which describes them and explain how they represent that character trait. 

Physical Education: The past week we have been exploring various physical literacy games.  We will continue to introduce cooperative games this week. 

Art: This week we will play with Model Magic, molding and colouring owls.  

Buddies: Friendship activity with our little buddies from Mrs. Blackie’s class.

*If you have not done so already, please send a scrapbook (Hilroy - 20 pages)with your child to school. *

Reminders

• Wednesday, October 6 - Rescheduled “Meet the Teacher” (It’s really just “Meet Mrs. Brown”) 

After school -6:00

• October 12 - Thanksgiving Day - School not in session

• October 14- Photo retake day

• October 20 and 21- One hour early dismissal (parent conferences)

• October 22- Provincial Pro D day