Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Saturday, May 22, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Saturday, May 22, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 22 May 2021, 1:53 PM

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend! Maybe you even had the chance to plant the bean plant your child grew from a seed! They had fun seeing the different stages of its growth. 

We had Science Ventures on Wednesday, I hope your child shared the experiments they did to find out more about Matter. We are very thankful to PAC for providing the funding for this program. 

Sharing: The children did great sharing their favourite places in the community to visit. Next week sharing:  Please share with your child your job and how it helps others in our community. Every person's role is important and part of their family's story. We are fortunate to be having Paxton's parents from SilverRill Farms meet us outside with a tractor to share with us about farming in our community. I am also trying to get our police school liaison meet us outside with a police car next week.  

Supporting Emotional Balance: The District and COPACS are pleased to be able to offer a parent evening on Supporting Emotional Balance on June 9. David Segal will be leading the virtual session. David is the Executive Director of Human Nature Counselling Society. He will be focusing on strategies and approaches to supporting children and youth--and ourselves--during these uncertain times. Please see the attached poster to register.     https://brentwood.sd63.bc.ca/pluginfile.php/13/mod_forum/attachment/2109/Supporting%20Emotional%20Balance.pdf

Calendar Reminders:

May 31 - Eagle Convocation - please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

-Summer Reading Library Virtual Visit 

June 10 - Eagle Convocation - please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

June 21 - Indigenous Peoples' Day

June 29 - Last day of school  

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie