Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Thursday, April 22 Happy Earth Day!

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Thursday, April 22 Happy Earth Day!
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Thursday, 22 April 2021, 4:35 PM

Hello everyone, 

It was such a beautiful day to celebrate Earh Day! We released our "guest worms" into the garden and made birdseed feeders to hang somewhere around your home. I included a reader for your child to colour and read with you over the long weekend as please remember it is a ProD tomorrow and there is no school for the children.  Plus, I included the worm booklet...some children needed to finish the Venn Diagram of what they like to eat and what worms like to eat. It is a fun little book of facts to practise reading and colouring. We did marble Earths which I'll post later on Fresh Grade. 

The children enjoyed seeing the many different ways/toys a push or pull force was shared. The beyblades and Mexican top were a favourite - they were amazed how long they kept the spinning motion! 

Sharing  - we are enjoying poems so we talked about  Alliteration - same first letter repeating - example Blackie bounces  a big black ball. or Jeni-Lynn jumps joyfully or Jeni jumps and juggles jellybeans.  Please help your child to come up with a few words that begins with the first letter of their name.  I hope we can make this into a classroom book . Thanks-looking forward to hearing them. 

We drew pictures and wrote a message on our Post cards yesterday and I mailed them! Thanks for sending in the addresses. 

Eagle Convocation is April 30 - please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt. 

Enjoy the long weekend!

Mrs. Blackie