Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, April 16, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, April 16, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 16 April 2021, 4:23 PM

Hello everyone!

What a beautiful week of sunshine! The children were out everyday this week 3 times per day as we did outside gym, explore measuring with sticks and comparing the lengths as well as with Science exploring forces and motions with wheelbarrow races, swinging and pull ups-a great way to explore push and pull forces and of course our recess breaks!  

As we will be outside more, please help your child to remember to bring appropriate outside shoes for running around, hats, sunscreen they can put on and refillable waterbottles everyday. If you can please put their name or initials in their clothing/on waterbottles that would greatly be appreciated. 

Sharing - what a fantastic week of children sharing their poems and rhymes - super reading and memorization!! Next week as we continue to explore Forces, the children and I spoke about bringing an object from home (in a plastic bag) or drawing a picture of a PUSH or a PULL. Please choose 1 force to share. 

For example:  picture of a broom - PUSH  or  toy wagon - PULL  

Here is a fun song to review with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SnC_WKsCg

Canada Post- Postcards We have been given free postcards to send to family/friends to encourage these connections. Please send the name (grandma, uncle, friend's name...) of the person you would like your child to mail it to. We will be drawing a picture and I will scribe or help to scribe a very simple message to whom ever you have chosen your child to write to. (We will see what will fit on the card-it will be a lesson in printing small).Please email the name and address by Monday as I hope to complete the postcard by Thursday and mail them on Friday. 

Thanks for your help with this, it will be a fun activity.

Calendar Reminders:

Thursday, April 22 - Earth Day

Friday, April 23 - Pro D day - no school

Friday, Aprill 30 - Eagle Convocation - Please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie