Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 5, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 5, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 5 February 2021, 5:34 PM

Hello everyone. 

Didn't we luck out with a wonderful sunny day?! We took advantage of it and did an Orange Buddy scavenger hunt outside. It was fun finding things in nature. 

Literacy Week - we are celebrating the whole week! On Monday, I will send home a  Brentwood Reading Bingo that you can complete at home with your child. When you finish it, please return so your child can receive a small prize. 

On Wednesday, I thought it would be fun for your child to dress up as their favourite Fairytale or literacy character. Please leave accessories at home. 

Thursday, please have your child bring a labelled flashlight as we are going to participate in flashlight reading. 

Sharing: Shape sharing was fun! Kids loved the clues. Next week we are going to start reading some Fairytales and I thought it would be a great idea for the children to either bring in their favourite Fairytale book to show or just talk about which one they like and why? Thanks for your support to help them chat about it. 

Valentine's Day will be celebrated on Thursday, February 11 in the afternoon as Friday, Feb.12 is a Pro D day and it is Family day on Monday, Feb. 15 so there will be no school on those days. If you wish to participate in Valentine's cards, please include all the children in the class. ( I will be away in the morning for a medical appointment)

Names - Ryder  Dawson   Amy   Madison   Paxton  Peyton   Brooklynn   Harlow  Marzela  Lily  Peter  Toni  Emrys   Samuel    Milo    Dylan    Maija    Emmett    Aiden 

100th Day is on Monday February 22th. We will be celebrating  with our Buddy Orange Cohort class and having our first outside soicail distanced 100 day parade with all K classes around the school - we are going to see if we can count 100 steps or more!  At home, please take some time to count out 100 objects WITH your child. Then each child can either bring the 100 items to school in a ziploc-type bag  on Thursday, Feb. 18. I  will hang it on the bulletin board to share with the class.  (Ideas - buttons, marshmallows, fishy crackers, stickers, pom poms, fruit loop necklace...whatever your child wants to share that can be pinned on the wall- not too heavy please.) We will keep the 100 day collections  for the following week to investigate measurement - weight.

Valentine's Day will be celebrated on Thursday, February 11 in the afternoon as Friday, Feb.12 is a Pro D day and it is Family day on Monday, Feb. 15 so there will be no school on those days. If you wish to participate in Valentine's cards, please include all the children in the class. (Names below) 

Ryder  Dawson   Amy   Madison   Paxton  Peyton   Brooklynn   Harlow  Marzela  Lily  Peter  Toni  Emrys   Samuel    Milo    Dylan    Maija    Emmett    Aiden 

Please remind your child to leave their play toys at home. Sharing items are to be sent in bags and returned back to thier backpack after they share. Thanks for your support to help us follow out Health and Safety Protocols. 

February 10 - Fairytale/Literacy character dress up

February 11- Celebrate Sharing of Valentine cards

Feb 12 -Non-Instructional Day - no school for students

Feb 15 - Family Day

Feb 22- 100 Days in School celebration!

Feb. 24 - Pink Shirt Day

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie