Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 11, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 11, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 12 February 2021, 3:50 PM

Hello everyone, 

It was a busy Literacy week! It was fun to see all the costumes and have the children share their favourite Fairytales. Afer reading Goldilock's and the Three Bears they coloured puppets and recreated the home. I plan to send them home next week so your child can recreate the story for you. 

Literacy Bingo can be returned when your child has completed it with you. 

Sharing: As we celebrate Valentine's Day this weekend, I ask that your child talk about something they LOVE to do or eat or something they just LOVE. Please let them know they have to explain why they love it.

100th Day is on Monday February 22th. We will be celebrating  with our Buddy Orange Cohort class and having our first outside social distanced 100 day parade with all K classes around the school (weather permitting - snow attire maybe?) we are going to see if we can count 100 steps or more!  At home, please take some time to count out 100 objects WITH your child. Then each child can either bring the 100 items to school in a ziploc-type bag labelled with their name on Thursday, Feb. 18. I  will hang it on the bulletin board to share with the class.  (Ideas below  - buttons, marshmallows, fishy crackers, stickers, pom poms, fruit loop necklace...whatever your child wants to share that can be pinned on the wall- not too heavy please.) We will keep the 100 day collections  for the following week to investigate measurement - weight.

Image result for images of 100 day items for kindergarten 100 day celebration

Calendar Reminders:

Fewb 15 - Family Day

Feb 22- 100 Days in School celebration!

Feb. 24 - Pink Shirt Day

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie