Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Sunday, January 24, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Sunday, January 24, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Sunday, 24 January 2021, 12:27 PM

Hi everyone, 

Hope you have been enjoying a great weekend. I am feeling much better and look forward to seeing the children tomorrow.  

Thank you so much for the stories that have been shared! Harlow's Grandma read a few and next week we will listen to Peter's family read. The children love listening to them and I enjoy seeing the variety of stories too! We have a few for next week but if you haven't had a chance, please feel free to email them to me. Thanks!

In Science, we have been learning about the different phases of Matter and exploring our 5 senses for scientific observation. This week, we will be building an ice castle with our Orange Cohort outside on Wednesday and we will observe the changes throughout the day. 

Sharing: It was fun to hear about your child's favourite symbol and coin! This week please have your child bring in an object/picture that is one of the 3 states of matter - solid, liquid or gas.  For example:  Clues 1) You breathe it out    2) You breathe it in   3) You can push your hand back and forth to feel it...what is it?  Air - gas     Please help your child with creating the clues - thanks. 

Valentine's Day - This year due to Covid, we are asking parents to send only cards - no food treats. I will provide a list of the children' s names in the next coming weeks incase your child would like to make their own and print their names. 

We will be celebrating 100 Days of school in February. I will let you know more about it soon - stay tuned!

Upcoming calendar events/reminders:

February 11- Celebrate Sharing of Valentine cards

Feb 12 -Non-Instructional Day - no school for students

Feb 15 - Family Day

Feb. 24 - Pink Shirt Day

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Mrs. Blackie