Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, October 2, 2020 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, October 2, 2020 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 2 October 2020, 11:20 PM

Hello everyone, 

We have welcomed Fall with a "pumpkin patch' in our classroom! A fun way to explore the changing seasons and how plants and animals change with the seasons too.

I have let the children know that I will be away Monday morning and Mrs. Thornton (a part time teacher at Brentwood) will be covering for me. I will be attending a morning workshop.  

Great sharing of their First Letter. I took photos so we will make a class book for them to get to know their friends in the class. 

Sharing: I discussed with the children that they are to bring in 3-5 items that best describe things about them they'd like to share with the class so we can get to know them better. Please have them put it in a large ziplock bag. They can show us and then pop it back into their backpacks. I shared my example: a photo of my family, a photo of me dressed up, shared my favourite colour and an animal that I liked.  

Next week we will have our Bus Field Trip and Photo Day. If you have not yet sent back the permission form, please do on Monday. 

Fresh Grade - I hope to start to set it up next week, so please send the permission form so you will be included. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie