Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, October 9 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, October 9 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 9 October 2020, 7:43 PM

Hello everyone,

We had a great bus adventure! Please ask your child what they liked about taking the bus and learning about bus safety!

We investigated pumpkins this week, it was fun to see the surprised faces when the children saw that pumpkins float! I think they enjoyed it.

Photos went well today too. If your child missed it, there will be a day for retakes - I'll keep you posted. 

It was fun for the class to learn about their friends in our All About Me sharing...it turns out we have many macaroni and spaghetti lovers!

If your child didn't get a chance to share this week, please send 3-5 items to share for next week -we will fit it in!

Sharing: This week please have your child wear or bring in a pattern to share with the rest of the class. Every week your child has their sharing day and it is a great opportunity for them to learn to speak in front of their peers. As well, it is a great opportunity for the children to learn to be part of an audience and ask questions or share comments at the end of the presentation. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am thankful for teaching your children...they are amazing! 

Mrs. Blackie