Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Remote Learning - April 6-10

Picture of Lorree Brown
Remote Learning - April 6-10
by Lorree Brown - Monday, 6 April 2020, 7:54 AM

Week of April 6 -10

Hello Division 16 and families! We hope you are all well. Below you will find instructions for suggested learning activities (learning schedules are attached)for this week. The work that you complete and the way that you complete it is up to each student and their family. It will look different in each home and every activity is optional. We have included no tech and high tech options. If you would like feedback on your work or to simply share what you have done, no tech options can be photographed then emailed while the tech options can be submitted through our Google Classrooms. All the Google Classroom documents have been formatted to be printed on 8.5x11 paper if, at any point you would like to switch from online to offline. 

Mrs. Cannady will be available by email to answer questions during what are her usual class times - all day Monday and Friday afternoons. If you would prefer using the phone or video conferencing please email to book a reserved time. mcannady@saanichschool.ca Mrs. Brown will be available to answer questions during her usual working days - all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, as well as Friday mornings. Please email lbrown@saanichschools.ca if you have questions or would like a phone call. Mrs. Brown will email or call you back as requested. 

Instructions from Mrs. Cannady:

***If you have not done so please accept the invitation to join our Google Classroom found in your school email account. ***

Numeracy: 

1. Complete a scavenger hunt around your house searching for 3D solids. Look for a sphere, cube, rectangular or triangular prism, square or triangular pyramid, cone and cylinder. Document what you find by listing the real world item, identifying the 3D solid and the number of faces, vertices, edges it has. Use pen/paper or the Google Classroom assignment. 

2. Can you build a card tower using a deck of playing cards? How many different quadrilaterals can you incorporate in your design?  Be sure to use a flat level surface and slow steady hands. Send me a picture smile

3. Spend some time on Prodigy Math.

Literacy:

1. Find and read any informational text about the sun. (If searching online have your parents permission first.) Using your own words record five interesting facts on paper or use the Google Doc in our Google Classroom.

2. Write a fictional story that features the sun. You can use pen/paper or the Google Doc in our Google Classroom.

3. Read about the sun in our Google Classroom and complete the crossword puzzle. 

Instructions from Mrs. Brown:

Attached below, you will find the schedules for literacy, numeracy and physical fitness. (These are also posted on Google Classroom)  Follow the instructions on the schedules. With some of the assignments on my Google Classroom, there will be additional instructions. Please read all instructions before proceeding. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me via email and I will email or phone you back. 

I am in the process of creating a Google Sign Up for students to sign up for a conference call time.  This will be posted on Google Classroom later today. Once it is posted, sign up for a time and I will call you during that time.  This is completely optional but I would love to have a chat with all of you.