Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Saturday, February 8 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Saturday, February 8 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 8 February 2020, 12:42 PM

Hello everyone, 

I hope you enjoyed getting your photos through Fresh Grade last night, I believe I am up to date and will begin taking more throughout the week to share some of your child's learning experiences. 

I appreciate patience last week as I went home Monday afternoon ill and the TOC s that were in our class were teachers that had worked in our class in first term. They enjoyed working with the children and remarked on helpful the students were. 

If you noticed this week I have kept the Literacy duotangs and will keep them until Spring Break so the children can review some of  the songs/poems daily during our Reading block time. If you still have your Literacy Duotang at home, please have your child return it to school so I can put in the new sheet for this week. We learned the digraph - sh which has a song. 

Sharing: It was fun to listen to the Family sharing and make connections. It was a great way to continue to share have families can be the same and also different. Since we are now in February....the LOVE month, I ask that your child talk about something they LOVE to do or eat or something they just LOVE. Please let them know they have to explain why they love it.

Valentine's Day will be celebrated on Thursday this week as Friday, Nov. 14 is a Pro D day and it is Family day on Monday, Feb. 17 so there will be no school on those days. If you wish to participate in Valentine's cards, please include all the children in the class. (Names below) We will be making our Valentine card holders Monday morning.

Redding    Sasha    Jazelle      Georgia     Aaliyah    Robyn    Amelia   Jason    Aidyn    James    Lynkon    Julia     Juliette    Javier    Annabelle   

Aria     Lyric 

100th Day is on Friday, February 28th. We will be celebrating with the other K classes. At home, please take some time to count out 100 objects WITH your child. Then each child can either bring the 100 items to school in a ziploc-type bag or display it how you like on Thursday, Feb. 27.. We will hang it on the wall to share with the class.  (Ideas - buttons, marshmallows, fishy crackers, stickers, pom poms, fruit loop necklace...whatever your child wants to share that can be pinned on the wall.) We will keep them for the following week to investigate measurement - weight.

Calendar Reminders:

Feb 9 - Last day for online Fun Lunch orders

Feb 19 - Fun Lunch and Eagle Convocation - Please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

Feb 24 - Popcorn Day 

Feb 28 - 100th Day Celebration

Just confirming the date - but we have a Buddy Pancake Breakfast where we ask for parent volunteers to come and cook pancakes, set up, bring in food - more details to come in next week's Blog which will be on Thursday. 

Enjoy the sunny weekend!

Mrs. Blackie