Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Saturday, February 1 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Saturday, February 1 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 1 February 2020, 9:44 AM

Hello everyone, 

Big thank you for all the ice blocks and to create our K Ice castle! The children had fun stacking them and I hope to send photos this weekend of things we have been doing in January. 

Also, thank you for coming to our Family Literacy Read in on Thursday. The children enjoyed two mystery readers - Fly Guy and Pete the Cat (Mrs. Comer and Mrs. Amarilli) and started their own puppets tor retell our class story the Mitten. We will send them home next week so you can enjoy the story too!

Another Big Thank you to Redding's mom - Haley, Javier's mom - Bronwyn and Aaliyah's mom- Myrlene who started to glue in the items for the scrapbooks. We really need more help as it is a big job. Even if you have 20 mins in the morning I can give you one scrapbook, the sample and you can glue it.  As Lynkon says to me in class...Teamwork makes the Dream work! Please email me if you can offer some gluing time. 

Sharing has been fun this week as the children shared the different stages of Matter. We all loved the exploding volcano to show gas - thanks Redding!

This week we are talking about Family stories - so if you have a special family story you'd like to share...please share it with your child to share with the class. Some examples: how your child got their name, if you came from a different country or part of Canada and why you decided to live in  the Central Saanich area, family tradition - my family goes to Saltspring every year with cousins and grandparents.  Thanks for your support with the Family Stories.

We have a special presentation for the children on Tuesday morning to help with confidence and self -esteem - it is called Bigger Than That. The whole school will be in attendance for 9:30. 

Friday reading is always on unless we have a Pro D.

The school is signing up for the Times Colonist 10 Km  see below:

We would like to invite you to join our school team for the TC10K and kids fun run! Please visit https://runsport.ca/tc10k/ to register-- Early bird pricing available until Friday and our school team is $10 less than the regular early bird price. All are welcome, and if we have enough registrants, we can get our logo on the shirt. Enter the team "Brentwood Eagles" in the student and teacher section to join us! Let's soar together!

Have a great weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie