Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 14 - Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 14 - Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 14 February 2020, 7:43 PM

Hello everyone, 

Happy Valentine's Day!  The children had many treats celebrating Valentine's Day. Thank you for generously sending cards - it was a great opportunity for the children to read their classmate's names too!

Thank you for my treats too! I am a very lucky teacher!

Big thank you to Bronwyn, Haley and Mrylene for working on the children's scrapbooks - the children and I appreciate your time!!!

Sharing: The LOVE sharing was fun to hear! This week we have been listening to stories with rhyming words and creating rhyming words too. Please have your child bring a pair of rhyming words - for example : fit/sit

Calendar Reminders:

Feb. 19 Fun Lunch and Eagle Convocation (Please have your child wear their Eagle shirt)

P.J. Buddy Breakfast will be Feb. 26. It is lots of fun for the children to eat with their Big Buddies in their P.J.s!  We appreciate all your support with this Buddy event. Please copy the link below to sign up 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/134E-Tc7rdOu1peiPpqz8xubDistGAyg6iIPQtNANcIE/edit?usp=sharing

100th Day - Friday, Feb. 28 - Bring in 100 day items on Thursday, Feb 27 so we can hang it up on our bulletin board. (Suggestions - marshmallows, feathers, cheerios, etc) 

Have a wonderful Family Day weekend,

Mrs. Blackie