Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, January 17 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, January 17 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 17 January 2020, 6:04 PM

Hello everyone, 

Hope you have been enjoying the snow! The kids have done a great job getting their snow pants on/off, mittens etc to go out and play. It was fun to see them making snow dogs, snowmen and just rolling the snow! Thanks for your patience at the end of the day as we always have lots to organize before we go home. 

Thank you parents for joining us at the Parent morning Read in! We will continue this until the end of the year.

We had a great Eagle Convocation today where each Eagle Family designed a snow person to put up in the gym for our Winter Concert in the theme of their colour. It was great to see how creative and collaborative the children are of all ages.  It will be fun to see the family snowflakes you have made to add to the gym walls too. 

Winter Buddy Skate- January 23 - Please return the form asap. If your child needs rentals, please send in $3.50 with your child's name. ( We need to purchase rentals ahead of time) We will be travelling by bus with our Big Buddies. If you want to meet us at the Rec Center, please feel free as we will need lots of help to tie up skates! 

Winter Concert-January 23  Two shows - 12:30 and 6:00 Please have your child attend both. Ms. Chater would like the children to wear dark pants, white shirt ( if there is a graphic design, please turn the shirt inside out fo the performance) hat, mittens and scarf. Please send in items before the day - January 22 marked with your child's name-if they need them for skating, keep and bring in on the 23 - just let me know. If you do not have something, please let me know -ie. scarf, as I have some that I can lend out for the performance. 

6:00 Please drop your child off to the classroom from 5:30 - 5:45 no later as we are one of the first groups to perform and they need to get their costume on, plus I will need to put them in their performance order.  The performance is over at 7:00 and your child will be waiting for you in our class room. It will be great!

Scrapbook Volunteers meeting Tuesday, January 28 after drop off in the kitchen. Bronwyn, Myrlene, Hailey would love any other help - even if it is just 10 or 20 mins - there is lots to do and you get a sneak peek at your child's book plus, I'll treat you to coffee or tea - just let me know by email. 

Have a great weekend! Keep warm, 

Mrs. Blackie