Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, November 29 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, November 29 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 29 November 2019, 8:47 PM

Hello everyone, 

Another great week! The children have been patterning, learning letter songs, poems and the sight word "go"! I look forward to sharing their progress with you next week and listening to how their transition to Kindergarten has been for them. Please sign up  if you have not had a chance. I will post the schedule outside the classroom door as  a reminder. 

Sharing this week was fun to see the different sorting rules the children shared. Even if the children forgot, they found items in the class spur of the moment to create a sorting rule for items for their peers to guess. It was fun!

Sharing: Family Christmas Traditions - what is something your child enjoys doing at Christmas - picking out the tree? Going to grandparents? Going on a special trip?  Baking special treats?  Please discus with them a family tradition to share next week. Thanks for your continued support!

Letterland Mega mix Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBbpfx_ESM&list=PLNmfmKtWkG--54s0L124wTQ6wohoYeHEO

Calendar Reminders:

Early Closure, 1:48 pm - Dec 4 & Dec 5

Coming up in December, Brentwood Kindergarten classes will be getting together to decorate Christmas Cone Trees with Royal Icing and treats.  This will be 1:55 - 2:48 on Wednesday, December 18th.  We're asking everyone to bring a small bag of treats to share and a bag of Royal Icing. We would need some adults to help set up around 1:45 and to help the children with their masterpieces. Please email me if you can volunteer.

Cram the Cruiser coming December 16th. Central Saanich police collecting unwrapped toys for disadvantaged children. Gifts can be dropped at the school office. 

Report Cards home by Dec 19

PJ Day - Dec 20 organized by Spirit Club

Winter Concert - Jan 23 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie