Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, November 23 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, November 23 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 22 November 2019, 7:39 PM

Hello everyone, 

Happy Friday!  As I said before the children did an amazing job returning to school this week! Just a few refreshers - Library is on Thursday so please try and help them get their books to school before then - I always suggest Tuesday. Even though it continues to be clear and sunny out it still is cold, so please have your child bring in appropriate outside clothing and dare I say mitts can be added to the collection too!

Toys- please remind your child that the only toys/items brought to school are for sharing and they return and stay in the backpack until the end of the day. Thanks for your support with this. 

Extra clothes - did your child grow over the last month? Feel free to come and check out their inside clothes to make sure they are the right size...it happens. Plus, please make sure that the clothes are labelled so we know who they belong to. Thanks.

Sharing: Sorting - Please have your child bring in no more than 5 objects that they have grouped into 2 by a sorting rule.  For example: 5 vehicles - 2 trucks, 3 cars  or 5 hairbands - 4 green and 1 pink or 5 buttons - 3 large, 2 small - just reinforces that we can sort at home and school - math is everywhere! 

Calendar Reminders:

Photo Re-take Day - Nov 27Early Closure, 1:48 pm - Dec 4 & Dec 5- see link above to sign up or change time/dateReport Cards home by Dec 19PJ Day - Dec 20 organized by Spirit ClubWinter Concert - Jan 23 Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie