Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Welcome to Kindergarten! Sept. 13

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Welcome to Kindergarten! Sept. 13
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 13 September 2019, 4:52 PM

Hello everyone,

We have had a great first week! We have been getting to know each other, our classroom, our procedures/routines, meeting new friends and we have already celebrated a birthday! Next week we will be reviewing/learning cutting, gluing, and how to hold a pencil. 

For next week, we are having whole class sharing, where we each take turns to share/talk about whatever your child would like. If they choose to bring in an item - please let it be ONE.The following week ( September 24) we will begin to have our more formal sharing and I will be sending a note home about your child's specific day and their first topic. 

Toys - I discourage the children from bringing toys from home to school as we have many toys/objects in the classroom for them to play with and we our school is in the process of getting more outdoor play equipment. 

We look forward to sharing with you what we have been doing on Thursday, September 19 at 6:00 - 7:00-Know Your School Night.  This is a great opportunity to meet the French Teacher -Mme Scott. 

On this night I will have a sign up list if you want your child to be on a "play date" list with other kindergarten children, a volunteer list -plus a permission sheet for your child to be part of Fresh Grade.)

A big package of school administrative forms went home this week. The missing Student Verification Form went home today. Please check those backpacks if you have not found them yet, and return them as soon as possible. Also, coming home today is permission to go off school property for School Bus Orientation.  Please sign and return as soon as possible.

School Supplies:  If you are not intending to send in school supplies for your child, please 

please send your $35 cheque made out to Brentwood PAC as soon as possible.Thanks to those who have done this already. ( If you have ordered through the school, I have recieved the supplies in the classroom.)

Scholastic Orders due: Wednesday, September 18

Magazine Subscription -Please send the papers back filled in yes or no - I send away and we will get stickers and some new books for the classroom - even if they are all NO's!

Few reminders for next week:

Thursday,  Sept. 19 Know Your School - 5:30 - 6:30

Bus Field Trip

Monday PRO D - NO School 

Thursday, Sept 26 Photo Day  and Terry Fox Run  ( you are welcome to join us run at 1:55)

Have a wonderful, restful with your Kindie! I look forward to seeing them on Monday. 

Mrs. Blackie