Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 21 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 21 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 21 June 2019, 5:59 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks again to parents/grandparents who came to our last Math/Reading Day, I have appreciated all your support throughout the year!

What a fantastic day to spend the first day of summer...we went outside for the morning and rotated through stations to learn about the Indigenous Culture. Please ask your child which station they preferred best.  I thought they were all great!

Literacy Folders: Please send them on Monday as I have one last poem to put in for your child.

Kindergrad is this Monday around 2:00 in the Gym - more room for families! After, please join me in the classroom to pick up some of your children's work to take home. 

Sharing:  Please have your child share their favourite water/beach activity...building sandcastles by the beach, going down waterslides, water gun games...their choice.  The children who share on Friday will be dispersed throughout the week. 

Fun Day- thank you parents who have volunteered to bake cupcakes for the cupcake walk. Please bring them Tues or on Funday - Wednesday to our classroom. Remember to send hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as they will be outside for the morning.

Report Cards: Will be sent home on Wednesday - please look for them in your child's backpack. 

Family Appreciation Pancake Breakfast.  Bring a plate, utensils and picnic blanket.  Students check in for a stamp.  Starts at 8:15. 

After the Pancake Breakfast, we will return to class for the day.  We will have playtime, stories, bake smores and play some games.  If you choose to leave school after the breakfast, please let me know and sign out at the office.  Thursday is the last day of school for the children.

Have a wonderful weekend! 

Mrs. Blackie