Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 14 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 14 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 14 June 2019, 6:51 PM

Hello everyone,

First - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Dads! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Next, a great week of trips! We had a super time at the beach with our Big Buddies. The children did a scavenger hunt with their Buddies, played in the sand, built castles, built forts, jumped waves, played baseball and enjoyed popsicles! What an amazing day! I am sure they were tired. 

Our trip to Fairways was fun too! A big THANK YOU to Mrs. Morgan (Sam's mom) for walking with us to the store. We had a tour of all the departments and the workers were extremely kind! At the end they gave them watermelon, nut bars and Fairway stickers! The children learned that there are many people who work in different departments of the store to make it run. Plus, the searched for healthy and treat items in the store too!

Sharing:  Please chat with your child about something they would like to do from their summer bucket list or a summer treat they like and why. 

Finally, FUN Day Request: Hello everyone, I hope to be running a cupcake walk on Fun Day. If you would like to donate some cupcakes that would be awesome! The children love this activity, especially because they can win a yummy treat. If you can, please bring the cupcakes the Tues  before Fun Day to our class.  I really appreciate it and so do the children!

Calendar Reminders:

Constable Joyce Police Visit with Mrs. Westwood's class - June 18

Sensational Sea visit - June 19 

Service Assembly - June 20 

Indigenous Day - June 21 -activities in the classroom 

Kindergarten Grad presentation - June 24 - 2:00 in the Multipurpose Room

Grade 5 Farewell Assembly - June 25 

Fun Day - June 26 (morning)

Pancake Day - June 27 - Last day of school - remember to bring your own plate and utensils

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie