Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 7, 2019

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 7, 2019
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 7 June 2019, 9:30 PM

Hello everyone!

We have had a busy week celebrating birthdays and the children have been amazing writers sharing kind wishes for all their friends! I am so proud of your children they have all grown so much! I will be the Star Student on Monday (field trip day) and then we will return to our summer birthday celebrations on Tuesday until the end of the week.  T - Munro, W-Derickah, Th - Misha  ( If I have missed your child's summer birthday, please let me know - it is not intentional, just an old busy brain trying to keep up with this time of year!)

I really hope we have warm weather for Monday so please make sure you send clothes appropriate for the day - so hard to gauge the weather these past few days - I had to turn the heat on in the classroom today! I forwarded an email from Mrs. Brown for our beach trip on Monday. 

FIELDTRIP FORM due Monday - Community Field trip to Fairways Market on Wednesday.  I will need a parent volunteer to come with us, please let me know if you can join us. Thanks

Great sharing this week - the children enjoyed seeing/hearing about the different games. I thought 52 pick up was funny, I didn't realize it could be played as a game!

Sharing: Please have  your child share their favourite ocean creature or favourite thing to do at a beach and why? Monday's children will be able to share before we head to the beach. 

Scholastic Book orders: I will place the order Saturday if you missed handing it in, please submit an order online. Thanks.

Calendar Reminders:

Buddy Beach Day - June 10 - Come join us at the beach

Fairways Community visit - June 12

Constable Joyce Police Visit with Mrs. Westwood's class - June 18

Sensational Sea visit - June 19 

Service Assembly - June 20 

Indigenous Day - June 21 -activities in the classroom 

Kindergarten Grad presentation - June 24 - 2:00 in the Multipurpose Room

Grade 5 Farewell Assembly - June 25 

Fun Day - June 26 (morning)

Pancake Day - June 27 - Last day of school - remember to bring your own plate and utensils

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie