Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, May 31 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, May 31 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 31 May 2019, 10:20 PM

Hello everyone,

Another exciting and busy week - we said good-bye to our butterflies and finished creating our Butterfly Books of some things we observed and learned. We have one that is still with us as it was born with a broken wing and chose not to fly away. We will keep it to observe in our class. 

A big thank you to Tana, Lindsay, Amanda and Bethany for all their help with the special Grad hats and portfolios. These are big jobs and I know the children will love them! They are asking to take the Grad hats home now...just have to wait a few more weeks! (Which is sooo hard for me to believe!)

Scholastic Orders went home, please return them by June 7 so we get them before school ends. 

Sharing: Please have your child share their favourite board game or card game and why they like playing it. Thanks for your continued support with sharing, I am pleased with how the children show courage to share in front of their peers!

Calendar Reminders:

Buddy Beach Day - June 10 - Come join us at the beach

Constable Joyce Police Visit with Mrs. Westwood's class - June 18

Sensational Sea visit - June 19 

Service Assembly - June 20 

Indigenous Day - June 21 -activities in the classroom 

Kindergarten Grad presentation - June 24 - 2:00 n the Multipurpose Room

Grade 5 Farewell Assembly - June 25 

Fun Day - June 26 

Pancake Day - June 27 - Last day of school - remember to bring your own plate and utensils

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie