Happy New Year Everyone!
- Family Read-In will be Mondays from 8:40 - 9:00 starting next week, Monday the 14th. Thank you to everyone who responded to the survey. Please join us if you can but we understand if you can't. If you are unable to come, please have a quick word with your little one so there are no tears on Monday. Please feel free to send Great Granny Gerta, old cousin Mavin, or sweet Uncle Norm.
- I've booked Panorama Rec Centre Ice for a skating field trip on Monday, February 4th. I'm planning to use parent drivers as I have in past years but I just discovered there are new rules for parent volunteers/drivers. You now need your Criminal Record Check, a copy of your Driver's Abstract, and a completed Volunteer Driver Application in order to drive someone else's children. I did the driver's abstract thing online just to test it out. It only took a couple minutes but you do need your license in your hand to put in the code off the back. I'm attaching the information letter here. It has the email addresses and codes you need. All this said, you obviously don't need to do any of this if you are driving only your own child. I'm hoping we can make it work. Permission forms will come home next week. We'll leave at 12:20 and return by 2:30. Fingers crossed.
- There are also new school safety policies at Brentwood. Other than drop off and pick up, all parents/visitors are asked to stop at the office before going elsewhere inside the school. This includes those who are coming to volunteer in the classroom. I have to check about Family Read-in but as it is at drop off time, I'm going to go with 'not necessary' until I confirm otherwise.
- Eagle Convocation is next Wednesday. Please try to remember to have your child wear a Brentwood Eagle shirt.
- Speaking of clothes, the classroom has been pretty chilly this week. Please check with your child on whether they would benefit from a sweater for inside during the day.
- Here's the poster for Central Saanich Little League for anyone interested.
- Sharing next week will be Ryder on Monday, Violet on Tuesday, Zach on Wednesday, Addison on Thursday, and Aleah on Friday.
Have a great weekend!