My apologies for missing this last week. Here are your few bits...
- We have a field trip coming up next Monday, October 29th. Madeline's dad has kindly offered to take our kindergarten classes for a walk about on Sluggett farm. There will be mud. Your child will get dirty and love it. We will need some parent escorts to help us safely make our way on the roads. Permission forms should be coming home tomorrow.
- We are starting our Spider Unit here in Kindergarten. It goes well with upcoming Hallowe'en and Bravery topics and will continue well into November. On Thursday, we will have a visitor from Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary bring in some 8 legged friends to learn about.
- Hallowe'en is nearly here. At Brentwood, we usually encourage the children to dress up on the 31st as we will likely have a costume parade. Weapons and overly scary masks are not permitted as they are often frightening for us teachers. Also, I encourage you to keep the "real" costume at home until Trick or Treat time as they often lose pieces or become damaged during the school day. Children often choose to wear last year's costume or just black and orange for the day.
- Parent Teacher conferences for our class will be in mid-November. I will post a digital sign up schedule soon.
- Sharing for the remainder of this week will be Finn on Tuesday, Jack on Wednesday, Lauren on Thursday, and Lucas on Friday.