Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, October 12th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, October 12th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 12 October 2018, 5:44 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Ask your child(ren) about Eagle Convocation.  Today, we divided up the school into different coloured Eagle Family Groupings where our kindergartens were intermixed with children from all other grade levels and gathered with other teachers to create a "flag".  In these same groups, we will gather once a month for different activities.  It was a new experience for all of us and, afterwards, all the K2s said they had a fun time.
  • Unfortunately, I realized too late today that school photos were in my mail box.  I managed to catch some who were here after school but the rest I will send home Monday.
  • Our first Fun Lunch is next Wednesday.  If you did not order food from the PAC for this day, please talk to your child in advance to avoid disappointment.
  • Mrs. Eng is working with your children to create a Hip Hop Holiday performance.  Right now the date is slated for December 13th with one morning and one afternoon performance.  More info will follow but keep the date in mind.
  • The PAC is organizing a Halloween Dance to raise funds for Reflex Math on Friday, October 26th from 5:30-7:00pm. There will be a concession with treats, a baked goods raffle and entry is by donation. This year they will also offer games in the cultural room. 
  • No school next Friday, Oct. 19th ProD.  I be learnin' sumpin.
  • Sharing next week will be Avery on Monday, Clara on Tuesday, Edward on Wednesday, and Eli on Thursday.

Have a great weekend!