Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of September 17-21

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of September 17-21
by Lorree Brown - Tuesday, 18 September 2018, 2:41 PM

Hello Families. 

We have had a great couple of weeks getting to know the children of Division 13.  We have been working on establishing routines and making certain the children understand the expectations of our classroom. All of the children appear to be settling in quite nicely. 

Here are the events and reminders for this week:

Math With Mrs. Brown: This week (and last) we have been playing a  math game called, SNAKE.  Ask your child about this.  We have also been completing some assessments.  Finally we have been working on a project called, "Math About Me"  which we will display in the classroom for "Know Your School Night" on Thursday, September 27th. 
Writing: Students have been working on a, "Who I AM" poster and will be writing a friendly letter , as well as a "Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall" poem. 
Reading:  We have begun reading assessments for term one. In addition, students received their reading sheets to keep track of at home reading. Please read the letter sent home explaining our home reading program.

Science:  Ms. Rickson is beginning her unit on forces and has asked students to bring a skateboard to school on Monday if they have one.  

Physical Education: We have been playing a variety of cooperative and competitive games.  THis week we will begin our unit on soccer. 

*Please send a scrapbook (Hilroy - 20 pages)with your child if you have not already done so. In addition, please send $5.00 for your child's agenda. *

*Please send in the student information form I sent home on Friday, September 7th.  I am still waiting to get email addresses from a few families.

Reminders

Terry Fox Run, Friday, September 21st 1pm

PAC meeting Tuesday, September 25th 7pm

Photo Day, Thursday, September 27th

Know Your School Evening, Thursday, September 27th – 5:30pm -6:30pm

Orange Shirt Day – Friday, September 28th