A few bits for the week...
- So here's the story of your Father's Day gifts... The kids made something special last week. It was clay. It exploded in the kiln on Monday night. The kids took it surprisingly well..not a single tear. So, I hastily thought of something else that we could put together in one day. Then, feeling it was sub-par, I found some air-dry clay in my cupboard and thought, Hey, let's make it better with this! Like a hybrid of our old gift and the new one. Well, the glue the instructions recommended didn't work for all of them so there were some accidents. Next, we tried hot glue. It was better but I'm not at all confident that it will hold long term and we didn't have time to research a better solution because of our two field trips. Sooooo...you are the proud owner of the most fragile Father's Day gift ever. If it survives the trip home, I suggest you take a picture quick. It's a good time to teach the kids that it's the thought that counts. Happy Father's Day!
- Thanks to everyone who made it out for the beach trip this week. It looked like everyone was having fun and the lunch offerings were great. There is a tub with a red lid, with carrots in it, left unclaimed on my desk. If it's yours, please let me know.
- Thank you to every one who ever made it out to Family Read-In. Today was our last one for the year. Keep it up! You'll never be sorry for reading with your child every day.
- We'll have morning walks Monday and Tuesday next week. Thank you Nikki and Brenda for volunteering to join us.
- Sharing next week will be Charlie on Monday, Elaina on Tuesday, Emma on Wednesday, and Hattie on Thursday. No one on Fun Day Friday.
Have a great weekend!