A few bits for the week...
- This week, the class visited with Constable Joyce, Rita at Breadstuffs Bakery, Kirsten with the Sierra Club, and Kathryn and Shannon from Uvic (Science Venture). You should have lots to talk about if you haven’t discovered that already.
- We have started class placement meetings for next year’s grade 1s. Requests regarding class placement need to be made in writing, submitted to the office asap.
- We learned about the butterfly life cycle this week. Ask your child if s/he remembers the meanings of metamorphosis, prolegs, or larva. We plan to release our butterflies Monday morning.
- Some time before June 26th, I will need some volunteers to make "grad caps". Please let me know if you are interested.
- Morning walks next week are Monday through Thursday. I don't have anyone signed up for Tuesday yet. Also, I've added dates for June so please have a look at this Google doc. to sign up.
- Big thanks for the Teacher Appreciation luncheon today!
- June 5 - Lockdown drill (will be as fun and not scary as possible)
- June 6 - Sensational Sea in-class visit
- June 14 - CRD's Feeling Crabby program at Island View Beach and possible class party (parent drivers needed)
- June 15 - BC Transit field trip (taking a school bus)
- June 19 - afternoon activities to recognize Aboriginal Day
- June 20 - 10 am Service Assembly
- June 22 - Fun Day
- June 26 - 10am Farewell Assembly for Grade 5s and departing staff
- June 26 - afternoon (likely 2:00 pm) KINDERGRAD
- June 28 - Parent Appreciation Pancake Breakfast/Last day of school for kids
Have a great weekend!