Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, Nov 10 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, Nov 10 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 10 November 2017, 10:20 PM

Hello everyone,

Thank you for coming to the parent teacher conferences. It was great to hear how your child is feeling about Kindergarten and nice to have a chat with you too! Here's a link to "The Letterland Megamix" that your child might want to hear at home. Remember, if you have any concerns or questions please feel free to email me or call me. 250-652-3396

We had a very "Squirrely" adventure today! A big thank you to Lisa, Nathan, Becca, Dominic, Rachel, Trent, Sara and Kelly for coming on our field trip today and helping out the children in their forest adventure learning about squirrels. Thank you for the photos you sent, I hope to look at them this weekend. Plus, thank you Kelly for all the singing on the bus! We even had our bus driver join in too! I think the children had a lot of fun watching the puppet show, singing, checking out the "stuffed squirrels" and walking in  the forest. Our Squirrel study has been fun this term.

Sharing: Patterns: Please have your child bring in an object that has a pattern, wear a piece of patterned clothing or draw a pattern to share with the class. (Monday's sharing group can bring their items Tuesday to share.)

Calendar Reminders:

November 13 - Statutory Holiday for Remembrance Day so no school for students

Fun lunch is November 15

November 24 is a Non-instructional day so no school for students

November 29 is Popcorn day - please see the PAC website to order

Poinsettia Orders by PAC

You can order online at brentwood.growingsmilesfundraising.com in support of Brentwood PAC. Orders are due November 17th. Thank you

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend,
    Jeni-Lynn Blackie