Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

November 3 - Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
November 3 - Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 3 November 2017, 7:40 PM

Hello everyone,

We had a great time in the snow today.  Many of the children learned how to roll snowballs and made snow chairs, snow people and some children made snow angels.  It was lots of fun! If there is snow next week, please make sure you send "snow clothes" labelled with your child's name as we hope to go out again.

NO SHARING this week because of the early dismissals and field trip.

Parent Teacher Conference: I have attached the sign up link for you to review your time. I will print a copy and leave it outside the door Monday for you to see too.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hrknOclSL0VMpc5IGuy8wpjMnh2EVESMtQxq19bR0uc/edit

Nov. 10 Field trip to Frances King Park.  Just a reminder to hand in your permission forms on Monday. If you have lost the form, just email me so I can have a hard copy on Monday so you can sign it.  Thank you to the parents who have volunteered to come and also take photos, I really appreciate it.   VERY IMPORTANT - We will be loading and leaving the school at 8:50 to make sure we get to our Squirrel program.  Please pack your child a "pocket snack" for their coat as we will have it right away when we get there.  Please review the clothing recommendations from the CRD:  long sleeves, pants, boots, hiking boots, gloves, hats, warm coat with a hood - warm clothing as we will be outside whether it is rain, or even snow! NO UMBRELLAS PLEASE.

Calendar Reminders:

Turn your clock back one hour Saturday night

Remember to turn your clock back one hour on Saturday night, November 4th.

November 8 - Picture retake day

November 8 and November 9 - Early dismissal days at 1:40.  Please pick up your child at 1:40 on these 2 days. Thank you

November 10 Field trip to Francis King Park - Bus leaves school at 8:50

November 13 - Statutory Holiday for Remembrance Day so no school for students

Fun lunch is November 15 and cut off for ordering is November 5. Please see the PAC website to order by November 5.

November 24 is a Non-instructional day so no school for students

November 29 is Popcorn day - please see the PAC website to order

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and keep warm!
Mrs. Blackie