A few bits for the week...
- Thank you to all the families who were able to join us on the trip to Sluggett Farm this week. Also, big thanks to the parents who sent me photos of the day. The kids had such a great time.
- Ask your child about the Travelling Spider Program that came on to our class this week. What kind of spider was Noah dressed as (jumping spider)? Who is Rosebud (tarantula)?
- Next Tuesday, October 31st is, of course, Halloween. In Kindergarten this year, we are allowing children to wear costumes if they choose, but please be aware that costumes get ruined at recess. It might be wise to talk your child into wearing last year's costume or, at least, leaving the fragile or precious pieces at home so they are still in good condition for Trick or Treating.
- Photo Retakes are Wednesday, November 8th. Please let me know if you want retakes done so I can make sure your child doesn't miss the call.
- Parent/teacher conferences are coming up November 8th and 9th. Please use this link to choose one appointment time. If none of the available times works for you, or if you have difficulty using the app, contact me to make an appointment that works. Please note that these two dates are Early Dismissal dates. Children will be dismissed at 1:40 pm.
- Our next field trip is November 16th. We will be taking a school bus to Francis/King Park to participate in the Going Squirrelly Program. I will be looking for 3 to 4 parents to help chaperone groups of students at the park. Please let me know if you're interested. Permission form comes home next week with more details.
- Sharing for next week: Monday - Troy, Tuesday - Violet, Wednesday – Abigail, Thursday – Adam and Friday – Arley. Starting with Abigail, we are asking children to choose something other than a toy for sharing (until the New Year). Ideas include photos, vacation souvenirs, pets, and sports awards. Anything but a toy.
Have a great weekend!