Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, Oct. 20 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, Oct. 20 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 20 October 2017, 3:34 PM

Hello everyone,

We had a busy week with lots of learning! Please review the Kindergarten News with your child. They were "Nn" detectives.  I hope you get a chance to review their Literacy Folder with them...it brought joy to my heart when they were so excited about receiving their own copies of our class songs, especially "Annie Apple"!  I wonder if we will ever get the tune out of our heads...ha ha. Please return the books on Tuesday with their Library books in a cloth bag with their name on it.

Sharing: We didn't get to all the kids to share Thursday as we had a special guest talk about the Zones of Regulation. We will have the children share on Monday. (Ryder, Tyce, Mya and Elena) The sharing items will be returned on Monday. Our new sharing topic is your child's favourite number from 1 to 10. They can bring in objects that match the amount.  For example: 3 - 3 stuffies o 4 - 4 cars.  

On Monday, we are going to walk to Sluggett Farm with the other 2 primary classes.   We're leaving school around 12:15. Dress for the mud and please send extra clothes.  Thanks to all the parents who have volunteered to join us. We have received pumpkins from Luke's uncle which we will conduct some investigations then paint on Thursday.

Our class is joined with 2 other classes to present a short song at our monthly assembly. You are welcome to join us - 1:55. The theme of the assembly is family and community. Please look for your child's art as you walk into the gym. 

Wednesday the 25th is Popcorn Day.  If you did not pay in advance for the entire year, popcorn is available for 50¢ a bag.  If your child is not participating, please talk to them in advance of the day to avoid disappointment.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie