Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, Oct. 13 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, Oct. 13 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 13 October 2017, 4:58 PM

Hello parents,

We have had a busy week and I apologize for not getting the K News out today! I will send it with other notes on Monday. (  If your child did not bring their folder to school, please have them bring it in.)

Acts of Kindness: We have started a hearts display of our Acts of Kindness that we see in our class, outside and in our lining up. We are working together to share many acts of kindness with each other.

Science: As we investigate Squirrels with Miss Di Lucca, we are also looking at what living things need to live. Next week, we will see what squirrels need to live in their habitat and how the seasons affect this. 

It was very exciting today as we had a "nature walk" along our field and saw a glimpse of a squirrel running along the branches of a Gary Oak tree. 

Sharing:  A bag was sent home on Thursday with a note for next weeks sharing. Please send 3 items that start with the sound of your child's first letter.  Example:  Bb - bat, ball, butterfly   The items will stay on a table in the classroom until Thursday - which will be our  "take down" day this week. 

Children who share on Friday can bring in their sharing on any other day as Friday is a Pro D day and there is no school.  

Literacy Folder: This week on Thursday, I will be sending home your child's Literacy Folder. It will come home every Thursday with your child's library book. Please return your child's Literacy Folder and Library book the following Tuesday. New songs/poems will be added on this day and the folder will be sent home again after Book Exchange on Thursday. ( If you have an extra cloth shopping bag, please send it in.  I will put your child's name on it and it will be the bag for their library book and literacy folder so they won't get lost. )

Fieldtrip to Sluggett Farms on Monday, October 23  Information to follow next week 

( Thanks to Luke, his mom and his uncle for helping us visit the farm!)

Calendar Reminders:

Fun Lunch is Wednesday, Oct. 18

PRO-D - Friday, Oct. 20 - NO SCHOOL 

Popcorn Day- Wed. Oct. 25

School Assembly - Wed. Oct. 25 - 1:55 in the gym - Your child will be singing "One Small Voice" 

Family Halloween Dance - Oct. 27 5:30 - 7:30

Have a wonderful weekend,

Mrs. Jeni-Lynn Blackie