Here's a few bits for the week...
- Please remember to sign and return report card envelopes as soon as possible.
- Thank you to those who have already sent updated spare clothes and gym shoes to school. Next week, we get to try out our brand new gym floors so please be sure to have non-marking gym shoes sent in by this coming Monday.
- Our first Friday Family Read In went very well. Thanks to everyone who was able to come. We want to foster a joy for daily reading in every child and many of you already do read at home with your child every day. Here at school, we are starting our NUTS About Reading program. Today, your child will bring home a bookmark. Each time your child sits to read with someone, initial a nut (only 1 per day). When 7 nuts are filled, return the bookmark to school and your child will get a “nut to feed his/her squirrel”.
- We are still “collecting” 100 Acts of Kindness. If your child does something particularly kind for you, a friend, or a family member, please send a note/email. We are just over 1/2 way there!
- Thanks to all those who have been sending in items for our collections. Because of Olin's Grandma, we now have a large stock of lids for our collection so we'll put a hold on that one. We are still happily collecting things like paper towel rolls, bread tags, beads, buttons, and corks. Please, do not send anything sharp.
- Sharing next week: Monday - Olin, Tuesday – Oliver, Wednesday – Samantha, Thursday – Sasha.
Have a great weekend.