Tracey Westwood's K2

Wednesday, November 2nd Update (Shawna)

Picture of Shawna Toews
Wednesday, November 2nd Update (Shawna)
by Shawna Toews - Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 8:17 AM

Hello Parents,

My name is Shawna Toews and I am very happy to be filling in for Tracey the next couple weeks. I have been a TOC (Teacher on Call) in the district for just over two years now. I love being called in to teach at Brentwood Elementary; I have always found that it is such a warm and welcoming learning community. I look forward to the upcoming weeks in K2! 

• Card for Fairway: If you would like to deliver it with your child please let me know by tomorrow. If I don't hear from anyone I will walk it over myself.
  • The 111 lb pumpkin: We are finished touching, smelling and observing the pumpkin. Thank you kindly to Taylor's family who roasted the seeds for us - ask your child how many seeds we counted! Would anyone like it for their compost pile? I am making arrangements to have it transported out of the classroom tomorrow, but if you would like to take it let me know.
  • Book orders: Scholastic book orders went home in the plastic communication folders yesterday. They are due back Nov. 9th. If you have a communication folder at home can you please send it back to school with your child, I was missing a few of them yesterday.
  • Sharing this week: Karson (Thursday), Kya (Friday). Next week: Liam (Monday), Natalie (Tuesday), Olin (Wednesday), Oliver (Thursday).

Please feel free to come in and chat with me if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a wonderful week,

Shawna