Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, January 29th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, January 29th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 29 January 2016, 3:53 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Thank you to all those who were able to join us for Math Morning! Some of you asked about the game we played, Pyramid War. I have linked the instructions on the left sidebar so you can have some fun with it at home.

• Now that it's February, our Sharing time will again be “no toys allowed”. Some ideas include bringing photos, artifacts from home and club activities, and stories. Pets are welcome with advance warning.

• We have been having some issues with Pokemon Cards recently. I have been informed by administration that Brentwood is a “no trading” school. I have let the class know this is the rule.

• Volunteers are needed to help put our portfolios together in advance of upcoming Student-Led Conferences. Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to help. More info about Conferences will come soon.

• Please help your child return his/her homework book every Thursday. Being responsible for these books and the work in them is an important start to building positive homework habits for future years.

PINK: ship, this, whip, chip, chin, thin, chill, which, chick, thick, chat, than, that, wham, shack, shall, chap, when, shed, them, then, check, shell, oddball, what.

YELLOW: (short a) glass, stand, past, (long a_e) trade, brave, slave, taste, shape, (long ai) nail, grain, gain, aid, (long ay) day, stay, play, clay, tray, may, gray, say, pray, oddball, they, raise.

GREEN: somebody, something*, sometime, somewhere, somehow, someone*, himself, itself, yourself, herself, myself, everything, something*, anything, nothing, anyone, everyone, someone*, without, outside*, checkout, throughout, inside, outside*, beside, sideways, oddball, themselves

Have a great weekend!

Tracey